Skip to Main Content

SDS Registered Students

Staff working with students


Semester Requests

A Semester Accommodation Request must be completed for each semester a student is enrolled and seeking accommodations. The Semester Accommodation Request can be completed and submitted to SDS through Accommodate. Click “Student Accommodate Login”  to access Accommodate. The Semester Request request notifies SDS that you would like your official letter sent to your faculty member(s).

Please remember that accommodations are not retroactive and begin once the letter is sent to the faculty member. Submitting your request at the beginning of the semester is essential for timely accommodation implementation, course access and your success.

If a student’s status changes, such as a worsening of a medical condition, or a new diagnosis, hospitalization, change from undergraduate to graduate program, etc, we request that you notify a SDS staff member promptly so we can best support you and determine if any change in accommodation may be needed.

Students are welcome to contact SDS staff members for an appointment to discuss accommodation questiosn and concerns year-round.

Testing Accommodations

Quiz/Exam Administration is provided to students who are registered with Student Disability Services and have been approved for testing accommodations. Students may schedule their quizzes/exams at anytime during the semester. SDS requires 2 full business days advance notice in order to ensure testing space availability and to ensure we are in receipt of the quizzes/tests. SDS encourages scheduling all quizzes and exams as soon as they are known; the course syllabus often has all dates listed for the semester. For additional information please go to the Testing Accommodation page.

Interpreting Requests

UMBC’s Student Disability Services (SDS) is able to coordinate interpreters/transcribers and/or related services for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. A minimum of 4 business days are needed to fulfill interpreting requests. Please complete the Interpreter/Transcriber Form.

Campus visitors who need an interpreter or transcriber  should make their request known to the department they will be visiting 2 weeks in advance. UMBC departments needing an interpreter or transcriber (or related services) should coordinate with SDS 2 weeks in advance but may contact the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services Coordinator at any time during the semester when assistance is needed.