**Important: before scheduling your test in SDS, you must notify your instructor that you plan to take your test at SDS.**
Each time you schedule an accommodated test or quiz, you must notify both your instructor (via email or face to face) and SDS (via Accommodate). It is best to email your instructor with the date and time you wish to schedule the test, and if it is a different time than the rest of the class is taking the exam, give the instructor a detailed explanation of why you need to take the test at a different time.
**Remember: all test bookings must be made 2 business days in advance of the time you intend to take the test in SDS.**
To schedule a test in Accommodate: click on the icon under “Student Accommodate Login” located on the left sidebar of the SDS webpage. This will log you into Accommodate. If you are using a screen reader, click here.
- On the Accommodate main page, click on the tab labeled “Testing Room”.
- Click on the button (bottom left) that says “New Booking Request”.
- Choose the course for which you want to schedule the test from the course pull-down menu.
- Click “Select” to choose the date you want to schedule the test. Leave the building and room boxes blank. Follow any on-screen directions that may apply to you.
- Scroll down to click on the “Refine Results” button.
- On the right of the screen, see the times and rooms listed under your date. Click on the room number next to the time you want to start your test.
- In the Exam Booking pop-up window,
- Enter your instructor’s name in the Professor text box. (e.g., “Dr. Sandy Smith” or “Stephen Doe”)
- Click “yes” or “no” for whether your test time will overlap with the time the rest of the class is taking it.
- If “no”, indicate whether you have received written permission from your professor to take your test at a different time than the class. Then, you must send a copy of that email to disAbility@umbc.edu.
- In the “Notes” box, write anything else you think we need to know about your exam.
- Click “Submit Request.”
If you are experiencing difficulties scheduling exams or have questions, please contact us at 410-455-2459 or disAbility@umbc.edu
UMBC SDS Testing Hours
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday
WINTER 2019: testing closes at 4:00pm; office open until 4:30pm