Accessibility & Disability Services Department: A Division of Academic Affairs University of Maryland, Baltimore County Math/Psychology Bldg., Rm. 212 1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, Maryland 21250 SDS Telephone: (410) 455-2459 Fax: (410) 455-1028
disAbility@umbc.edu (For general inquiry or accommodated testing questions)
email@example.com (For note-taking assistance inquiries)
- All staff are working both in-person and remote hours during Fall 2021 and can meet with students in-office or virtually through Webex for appointments.
- Individual staff appointments can be scheduled through the Accommodate student portal or by contacting the staff member directly through email.
- Fall 2021 accommodated in-person testing is operating at reduced capacity and will have limited seating availability due to health and safety requirements.
“Drop in” at the SDS Virtual Office Hours!
All UMBC students, instructors, staff and visitors welcome.
Mondays: 10 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3 pm
Tuesdays: 1 pm – 3 pm
Wednesdays: 9 am – 12 pm
Thursdays: 4:30 – 6:30 pm
Fridays: 10 am – 12 pm
Please click the link provided below during the posted drop-in hours. The SDS staff host will admit you from the “waiting room” as soon as the staff member is available and the previous visitor has left.
This virtual drop-in space is only staffed during posted hours or by arrangement (text to request). If you go to the link at another time, you will be in the “waiting room” but no one will be available to meet with you.
Brief questions can be answered “live” during our virtual drop-in hours.
- Please note: New student Intake Appointments cannot be held during drop-in hours and must be scheduled through the SDS Accommodate portal following the instructions sent by email.
UMBC students at SHADY GROVE campus (USG):
- Students with disabilities taking courses at the USG campus follow the same SDS intake process as main campus students. Schedule an intake using our Accommodate student portal.
- Cassie Kilroy Thompson is the SDS staff liaison for USG students. Her office hours are listed at Cassie KT’s Virtual Office
- Accommodations for USG students are coordinated by our main campus SDS staff members. Letters will be sent to USG faculty from the SDS main office via email.
- For advising, registration or questions unrelated to disability, the UMBC-USG campus contact information can be found at http://shadygrove.umbc.edu/staff.
Chelsea Moyer, Director
UMBC at The Universities at Shady Grove
Shady Grove Building III, Room 4121
For USG accommodated testing (the CAS test center), please visit their website:
For USG testing questions: