Office of Accessibility & Disability Services: A Division of Academic Affairs University of Maryland, Baltimore County Math/Psychology Bldg., Rm. 212 1000 Hilltop Circle Baltimore, Maryland 21250 SDS Telephone: (410) 455-2459 Fax: (410) 455-1028
disAbility@umbc.edu (For general inquiry or accommodated testing questions)
firstname.lastname@example.org (For note-taking assistance inquiries)
Fall 2020 Remote Operation SDS Office Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
*All staff are working remotely and can be reached via email. No in-office services are available due to COVID-19 restrictions.*
Individual staff appointments can be scheduled through the Accommodate student portal or by contacting the staff member directly through email.
NEW!! Limited “Virtual Office Drop-in” Hours available
To visit with an SDS staff member to ask general office questions “live” through virtual chat, please follow the schedule below. *Please note: New student Intake Appointments cannot be held during drop-in hours and must be scheduled through the SDS Accommodate portal following the instructions sent by email.
- General Front Office Virtual Drop-in Hours:
- Monday: 9am to 12:30pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 12:30pm
- Thursday: 4:30pm to 6:30 pm
- Friday: 10am to 12 pm & 2pm to 4pm
- Senior Staff Virtual Drop-in Hours:
- Monday: 9am to 11am
- Wednesday: 9am to 12 pm
- Thursday: 4:30pm to 6:30 pm
- Friday: 10am to 12pm & 2pm to 4pm
- LINK to our Virtual Front Office “waiting room” — if you click this link during the hours listed above, the host will admit you as soon as the staff member is available and the previous visitor has left — https://umbc.webex.com/meet/sds
- This virtual drop-in space is only staffed during the above listed hours. If you go to the link at another time, you will be in the “waiting room” but no one will be available to meet with you.
Fall 2020 Accommodated Testing Information
- There will be no in-person SDS proctored testing appointments for Fall 2020.
- During remote or remote/hybrid operation of the campus, testing accommodations will be administered by instructors via their online testing platforms.
- **If you have any questions or concerns about your testing accommodations, please email disAbility@umbc.edu.
For UMBC students at SHADY GROVE (USG):
- Students with disabilities taking courses at the USG campus follow the same SDS intake process as main campus students. Schedule an intake using our Accommodate portal.
- Cassie Kilroy Thompson is available for USG-SDS office hours – see Cassie KT’s Virtual Office
- Accommodations for USG students are coordinated by our main campus SDS staff members. Letters will be sent to USG faculty from the SDS main office via email.
- For advising, registration or questions unrelated to disability, the UMBC-USG campus contact information can be found at http://shadygrove.umbc.edu/staff.
Chelsea Moyer, Director
UMBC at The Universities at Shady Grove
Shady Grove Building III, Room 4121
[After Fall 2020] For USG accommodated testing (the CAS test center), please visit their website:
[After Fall 2020] For USG testing questions: