Step by step instructions for students already registered with SDS
1. Go to sds.umbc.edu
2. Scroll down and click on the Accommodate icon on the bottom left of the page. Here’s a screenshot:
If you are not already signed into myUMBC, you will be prompted to sign in with your UMBC username and password.
3. You should now be logged into our software called “Accommodate.” It looks like this screenshot:
5. The page should now have a heading, “Advising Appointments.” Scroll down — on the bottom left of the page you should see a black rectangle labeled “Request New Appointment,” click on that…
6. For type, choose “General Appointment” then “Done”
7. Skip over the dates and time ranges…don’t click there.
8. On the left side, click the box next to the counselor name. For updating accommodations, please choose Ms. Valerie Valentine. For advising, choose Ms. Cassie Thompson.
9. If appointment times don’t show up right away on the right side of the screen, scroll to bottom left and click “Refine Results”
10. You will see available appointment times. Click on the staff name next to the appointment time that works for you.
11. A box will pop up, answer the questions, then click on the blue “Submit Request” button at the bottom of the screen. **In the “reason for appointment” box, please also enter your phone number so that staff can call you if there is any trouble with the videoconference connection.**
12. Click “submit.”
Log out of Accommodate, and check your UMBC email for the request “receipt” email. **Later, check back to see if the staff approved/confirmed the appointment. If you get a message that the appointment is declined, please go back to try another time or email the staff person directly to ask what would be a better time. If the appointment is approved, please be prepared to enter a videoconference at your appointment time.
**If the soonest appointment is more than two weeks from now, please email the SDS office to ask for help getting an appointment on an earlier date if you want one. 410-455-2459 or email@example.com.