Step by step instructions for students already registered with SDS
- Go to sds.umbc.edu
- Click on the Accommodate MyUMBC Login/link at the top of the page. Here’s a screenshot of the icon:
If you are not already signed into myUMBC, you will be prompted to sign in with your UMBC username and password.
- You should now be logged into our software called “Accommodate.” It looks like this screenshot:
- On the left side of the web page, you should see a list of menu options — click or select “Appointments”.
- The page should now have a heading, “Advising Appointments.” Scroll down — on the bottom left of the page you should see a black rectangle labeled “Request New Appointment,” click on that…
- For type, choose from Check-In, General, Academic, Notetaking Assistance, or Update Accommodations. Do NOT select Intake unless you have received an email from SDS telling you to do so.
After you select the type, click “Done”
- Skip over the dates and time ranges…don’t click there.
- On the left side, click the box next to the available counselor name.
- If appointment times don’t show up right away on the right side of the screen, scroll to bottom left and click “Refine Results”
- You will see available appointment times. Click on the staff name next to the appointment time that works for you.
- A box will pop up, answer the questions in the box, then click on the blue “Submit Request” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click “submit.”
- You should log out of Accommodate, and check your UMBC email for the appointment request email.
- Most appointments are automatically approved.
- If you get a message that the appointment is declined, please go back to try another time or email the staff person directly to ask what would be a better time.
- You will receive a Google Calendar invitation (with the virtual appointment link, if needed). Please reply to the Google Calendar Invitation and be prepared to enter the video-conference at your appointment time.
- For in-person appointments, please come to Math/Psych Room 212 (SDS reception desk) prior to your appointment time.
**If the soonest appointment is more than two weeks from now, please email the SDS office to ask for help getting an appointment on an earlier date if you want one. 410-455-2459 or email@example.com.