Quiz/Exam Administration is available to students who are registered with Student Disability Services and have been approved for testing accommodations.
Placement Testing Accommodations:
Incoming new or current students who would like to request accommodations on a placement test due to documented disability must first register with SDS. Testing accommodations will be determined by a Disability Specialist and communicated to the Learning Resources Center (LRC) who administers UMBC’s placement tests. Please register with SDS at least 2 weeks prior to your Placement Testing window date. Note: placement exams cannot be scheduled through the SDS Accommodate portal.
Shady Grove Students: To take a quiz/exam at Shady Grove, allow one week advance notice and please click on the link Taking a Quiz/Exam with SDS at Shady Grove.
UMBC SDS test scheduling requests must be submitted with two business days advance notice online through Accommodate. This is to ensure testing space availability and to ensure we are in receipt of the quizzes/tests from the instructors. SDS encourages scheduling all quizzes and exams as soon as they are known; the course syllabus often has all dates listed for the semester. Each time a student schedules an exam with SDS they must also notify their instructor.
UMBC SDS Testing Hours
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday
SUMMER TESTING HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday, May 29 – August 17
If your exam is on: Please schedule your exam by the prior:
Monday Thursday at at 4:30 pm
Tuesday Friday at 4:30 pm
Wednesday Monday at at 4:30 pm
Thursday Tuesday at at 4:30 pm
Friday Wednesday at at 4:30 pm
Test Administration Policies:
- Only students who have been approved for testing accommodations, and who have a current semester request on file can schedule tests at SDS.
- Examinees are responsible for scheduling testing appointments with 2 business days’ advance notice and notifying instructors of test dates.
- Your SDS proctored exams must be scheduled during the same time as the class, or as stated in the appropriate official schedule.
- If you have evening exams, please discuss with your instructor and contact the SDS office for alternate arrangements if needed.
- Books, coats, backpacks, and other personal items must be stored in SDS main office or the M/P 2nd floor lockers.
- Cell phones are never allowed in the test rooms. They must be turned off prior to entering the testing room and stored in the SDS main office or lockers.
- Arrive on time. Arrivals after 15 minutes late for regular quizzes/exams and 30 minutes late for finals may be considered “no show” and may only reschedule with the permission from your instructor.
- All food, drink, and tobacco are prohibited in the testing room.
- Allowable materials in the testing room are those authorized by the instructor or disability specialist.
- The testing room must be quiet at all times.
- All testing materials including note sheets, formula sheets, tables and scratch paper must be turned into SDS staff upon test completion.
- Testing must be completed by 4:30 pm.
- If an SDS test proctor has reason to believe that a student is cheating during testing, the proctor will take the test and all materials. The incident will be documented and the instructor notified immediately.
Find test scheduling instructions here.