The accommodation card requesting services must be completed for each semester a student is enrolled and seeking accommodations. After completion of this card, it can be submitted via, email, or in person. If submitting by email, please send the accommodation card to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Shady Grove students do not need to complete this card).
This sample accommodation card includes notes about what information goes where, and examples of course information to be included.
Quiz/Exam Administration is provided to students who are registered with Student Disability Services and have been approved for testing accommodations. Students may schedule their quizzes/exams at anytime during the semester. SDS requires 2 full business days advance notice in order to ensure testing space availability and to ensure we are in receipt of the quizzes/tests. SDS encourages scheduling all quizzes and exams as soon as they are known; the course syllabus often has all dates listed for the semester.
There are four ways to schedule quizzes and exams:
The scheduling request can be submitted in
*To take at quiz/exam at Shady Grove, please click on the link Taking a Quiz/Exam with SDS at Shady Grove.
Test Administration Policy
- Examinees are responsible for scheduling testing appointments and notifying instructors of test dates.
- Books, coats, backpacks, and other personal items must be stored in SDS main office located in M/P 213.
- Cell phones and audible pagers must be turned off prior to entering the testing room and stored in the SDS main office.
- All food, drink, and tobacco are prohibited in the testing room.
- Allowable materials in the testing room are those authorized by the instructor or disability specialist.
- No children are allowed in the test rooms.
- The testing room must be quiet at all times.
- All testing materials including scratch paper must be turned into SDS staff.
- Testing must be completed by 4:00pm
UMBC’s Student Disability Services (SDS) is able to coordinate interpreters/transcribers and/or related services for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. A minimum of 4 business days are needed to fulfill interpreting requests. Please complete the Interpreter/Transcriber Form.
Campus visitors who need an interpreter or transcriber should make their request known to the department they will be visiting 2 weeks in advance. UMBC departments needing an interpreter or transcriber (or related services) should coordinate with SDS 2 weeks in advance but may contact the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services Coordinator at any time during the semester when assistance is needed.